Let me talk with your students about my writing process — from brainstorm to book.
- Where do my topics come from?
- How do I research?
- How does a blank page turn into a finished product?
- As I edit, what stays in and gets polished and what gets excluded?
My favorite audiences are 2nd to 6th graders — 1-3 classes at a time for a 45-60 minute session.
Presentations can be designed to include any of these:
- Reading my latest book: Helen Thayer’s Arctic Adventure or any of my 50 others
- Revealing my writing process and answering curious questions
- Conducting an activity to get students started on choosing their own topics and doing research
- Focusing on critical ELA standards, including Craft and Structure, Key Ideas and Details, and Integration of Knowledge and Ideas
To plan a school visit or ask questions, contact Sally Isaacs at firstname.lastname@example.org, or use the form below.